Home Office UK Phone Numbers

Home Office Direct Contact Number:
020 7035 4848
Calls to this number will cost you 7p and your phone company’s access charge
Call This Number and Save it Under “Home Office Number”.



The Home Office is the UK government’s department for policing, crime, counter-terrorism and immigration, supported by 28 agencies and public bodies. Their main aim becomes to keep the United Kingdom safe from the threat of terrorism and ensuring people feel safe in their homes and communities. You can call Home Office customer service at 020 7035 4848 local rate call, for resolving your queries and making general enquiries.

From: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office

Home Office numbers

Helpline UK Contact Numbers International Contact Numbers
Home Office Contact Number General Enquiry / Government Switchboard and Public Enquiries 020 7035 4848 +44 20 7035 4848
HomeOffice Minicom Service 020 7035 4742 +44 20 7035 4742
Media Enquiries,Press Enquiries HM passport office 020 7035 3535 +44 20 7035 3535
Home Office Press Office Out Of Hours Number 0765 917 4240 +44 7659 174240
Immigration Enforcement Hotline 0300 123 7000 +44 300 123 7000
Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 +44 800 555111
Customs Hotline 0800 595 000 +44 800 595 000
The Anti-Terrorist Hotline 0800 789 321 +44 800 789 321
CCTV Footage Requests 020 7035 4646 or 020 8196 3757 +44 20 7035 4646 or +44 20 8196 3757
General enquiries HM Passport Office 0300 222 0000 +44 300 222 0000
General Register Office 0300 123 1837 +44 300 123 1837
Home Office BRP Contact Number 0300 123 2412 +44 300 123 2412
Office Travel Documents Freephone Textphone Number 0800 389 8289 +44 800 389 8289
Disclosure Complaints 03000 200 190 +44 3000 200 190
Barring Complaints 01325 953 795 +44 1325 953 795
HM Passport Office Textphone 0300 222 0222 +44 300 222 0222
First-Tier Tribunal (Immigration And Asylum Chamber) 0300 123 1711 +44 300 123 1711
Children’s Panel (Child in the UK, by himself, and applying for  asylum) 020 7346 1134 +44 020 7346 1134
HM Revenue And Customs (HMRC) Team 0300 200 3700 +44 300 200 3700
HMRC Textphone 0300 200 3719 +44 300 200 3719
Citizenship And Nationality 0300 123 2253 +44 300 123 2253
UK Visas And Immigration Contact Centre 0300 123 2241 +44 300 123 2241
Employer And Education Helpline 0300 123 4699 +44 300 123 4699
Asylum Customer Contact Centre 0808 8000 630 +44 808 8000 630
Asylum Customer support Application UK 0808 8000 631 +44 808 8000 631
BRP card management service 0300 123 2412 (+44) 20 8527 3623
Home Office BRP Change Of Address Team 020 7035 4848 +44 20 7035 4848

Home Office Contact Details

home office contact info

For all the general queries, you can call the Home Office contact number general enquiry 020 7035 4848. The phone lines for Home Office contact details are open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can also send in your enquiries via fax at the Home Office fax number 020 7035 4745. If any of the persons has problem of impaired hearing, they can use the Home Office minicom service at 020 7035 4742. The members of the public can send in their requests via email at Home Office contact email [email protected]

Home Office Address

If you prefer to write, you can send in your queries by post at the following mentioned Home Office address. You are required to add your personal contact details in the letter posted so that the customer service members can contact you on your mentioned address or contact number as soon as possible

Direct Communications Unit, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Home Office UKVI Contact Details (UK Visas and Immigration)

If you want to contact UKVI about an immigration matter, you can do so by visiting the Home Office UKVI contact details page https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi . If you are outside the UK, you can contact UKVI by telephone, email or live web chat. When you are in the UK, you can fill in the contact form to raise the enquiries like if you would like to change your correspondence address, home address or would like to update your dependant’s details or inform for a change in your legal representation.


This can be submitted by post by sending the necessary information and copies of the necessary documents to the following address

Change of address team, 11th floor, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

In case if you have given a notice of intent to marry and want to submit a change of address, then you need to email the request at Home Office email address [email protected]  or post a letter and the necessary information to the address below

Marriage Referral and Assessment Unit, Dept 158, PO Box 306, Liverpool L2 0QN

Home Office Citizenship Enquiries

For all the queries for citizenship and nationality, you can contact the Home Office UKVI team by email at Home Office citizenship enquiries page [email protected]  or by phone at Home Office contact number for naturalisation
0300 123 2253 from Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.

All the enquiries from the European citizens can also be made at this Home Office European enquiries line.

Home Office UK Visas and Immigration Contact

If you have any other general immigration enquiries for settlement or visas, you can call the Home Office UK Visas and Immigration contact centre at 0300 123 2241 or the textphone services at 0800 389 8289. The phone lines are open from Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm. If you are looking for the status of your Turkish European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) application, you can contact the Turkish ECAA team by sending your request via fax 020 7035 4848 or by post at the

Home Office Turkish ECAA team address Turkish IAU, PO Box 3468, Sheffield S3 8WA

When you would like to sponsor an employee or student, you can contact the Home Office employer and education helpline at 0300 123 4699 from Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm. If you have any query about your business application, you can contact the Home Office business helpdesk via email at [email protected].

If you are working in a UK educational institution, you can contact the Home Office educators’ helpdesk team by email at [email protected] for your enquiries. For all enquiries for the asylum support application, you can contact the Home Office asylum customer contact center at 0808 8000 631 free phone from Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
It should be noted here that if the asylum applications are submitted before 5 March 2007, then you need to call the phone number
0808 8000 631 (free phone, it is the same phone as abovefrom Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.

If you find any technical problem while accessing the application online, you can contact the Home Office online help team by email at Home Office online help email
[email protected] and if you are outside UK, you can contact the team via the details at the page https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Home Office Press Office

For all the media enquiries of the journalists, you can call the Home Office news desk at 020 7035 3535 from Monday to Friday, 7am to 8pm. If you need to urgently contact the Home Office media team outside the office hours, you can dial the Home Office press office out of hours number 07659 174240. The team would be happy to assist further. The details of the contact can be checked at the Home Office press office page https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office/about/media-enquiries

Home Office Immigration Enforcement Hotline

If you think someone is living or working in the UK illegally, or any other immigration matter, you can report the same by calling the Home Office immigration enforcement hotline at 0300 123 7000.  There are some other contact numbers also which can be used in case of different circumstances. You can call the Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, and The Customs hotline can be called upon on
0800 595 000.

Making a call regarding Home Office anti-terrorism? you can call The Anti-Terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321. Most importantly, in an emergency you should dial 999 and ask for the police. The contact form is available at https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime. Your personal information is kept confidential for the security purposes.

Home Office CCTV Footage Requests

When you need to request for the CCTV footage from Home Office cameras, you can contact the team at Home Office CCTV footage request number 020 7035 4646. You can also dial the Home Office phone number 020 8196 3757. The requests can also be sent via post at the address mentioned below

Direct communications unit, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Freedom of Information (FOI) Request

chains on book

You can make a Freedom of Information request to access the recorded information held by public sector organizations in writing via letter, email or fax. The details for the concerned organizations can be checked via the link https://www.gov.uk/make-a-freedom-of-information-request/how-to-make-an-foi-request. You should get the information within 20 working days. The request made to Home Office can be sent by email at Home Office email [email protected] or by post at the above mentioned Home Office London address.

Home Office HM Passport Office

This is the sole issuer of UK passports and responsible for civil registration services through the General Register Office. To contact the Home Office HM Passport Office, you can dial the Home Office contact number 0300: 0300 222 0000. This Home Office contact number can also be dialed if you require any kind of passport advice. The phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 5.30pm on Sat- Sun and public holidays.  For any of the media queries, you can contact Home Office press office at 020 7035 3535. The general enquiries can also be made by post at the following address

HM Passport Office, PO Box 767, Southport, PR8 9PW

In case if you need to contact for the birth, marriage and death certificates, you can call the General Register Office at 0300 123 1837 from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 4pm on Saturday. The contact centre staff would make all possible efforts to assist further. To make the request for FOI (freedom of information), you can contact the HM passport office directly by email [email protected] or by post at the below mentioned address

Parliamentary and diplomatic enquiries team, Her Majesty’s Passport Office, Globe House, 89 Eccleston Square, London, SW1V 1PN

Home Office Border Force (BF)

border force contact info

BF secures the border of the United Kingdom by carrying out immigration and customs controls for the people and goods entering the country. To contact the Home Office border force team, you can send the application to the below mentioned address

Home Office Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team, Lunar House, 11th floor Long Corridor, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

In case of any emergency, or if you need to report an immigration crime, you can dial the Immigration Enforcement hotline at 0300 123 7000

Home Office Immigration Enforcement (IE)

IE team is responsible to ensure compliance with the immigration rules. The team can be contacted for any queries at the Home Office immigration enforcement address

Immigration Enforcement, 1st Floor Seacole, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Home Office Chief Fire and Rescue Adviser (CFRA)

The Home Office Chief Fire and Rescue Adviser is employed by the Home Office and provides strategic advice and guidance to ministers, civil servants, fire and rescue authorities etc on the organisation and performance of the fire and rescue authorities. You can get in touch with CFRA by post at the following address

Fire and Resilience Directorate, Home Office, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Else, contact by email at Home Office email [email protected]

Home Office Biometric Residence Permit (Brp)

The biometric residence permit is a residence permit which holds a migrant’s biographic details and information and shows their immigration status and entitlements while they remain in the United Kingdom. After the successful application, if you do not receive the permit within 10 working days, or have received the permit but some details incorrectly mentioned, you can call the Home Office BRP contact number 0300 123 2412.

If your biometric residence permit is lost or stolen, then you need to report the loss to the BRP card management service as soon as possible by dialing the number 0300 123 2412  or if calling from abroad, then dial the number (+44) 20 8527 3623.

In the case, if you have changed your address before receiving the permit, you need to call the Home Office brp change of address team at the phone number 020 7035 4848.

If the change has been made after receiving the permit, you can contact the Home Office brp change of address team by fax at 020 8196 5454 or by post at the address

Change of Address Team, 11th Floor Lunar House, Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Home Office Travel Document Contact Number

You must send your TD112 BRP application form to the address

Home Office, Travel Documents BRP, PO Box 588, Durham DH99 1AA

The requests can also be sent by email at [email protected]  or faxed to Home Office travel documents contact number fax 020 8196 0109 or the freephone textphone number 0800 389 8289

Home Office Complaints

If you are not satisfied with the Home Office services, you can register your complaint at the Home Office government switchboard on 020 7035 4848.
This Home Office contact number UK will connect the call to the desired department. The Home Office complaints can also be sent via fax at Home Office fax number 020 7035 4745 or by email at Home Office email [email protected] and even by post at the above mentioned Home Office London address.

The Home Office aims to respond back within 20 working days.  If you would like to make a complaint about the service provided by Border Force, you can contact the Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team at the above mentioned border force Croydon address or by email at Home Office email address complaints&[email protected].

If you are not happy with the response, you can contact the Home Office border force complaints manager at Home Office email [email protected] or by post at the address

Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team, Building 25, Priory Court, St Johns Road, Dover, Kent  CT 17 9SH

Home Office Disclosure & Barring Service

If the complaint is regarding the Home Office Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), you can call the Home Office tel number 03000 200 190 for disclosure complaints and 01325 953 795 for barring complaints.  The complaints can also be sent via the Home Office DBS complaint form at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/494020/Lets_Make_It_Right_DBS_Complaint_Form_v1.1_Web_version.doc by post at the DBS address-

DBS customer relations PO Box 165 Liverpool L69 3JD, or

You can send it by email at [email protected] or, even by fax at the DBS fax number 0300 123 1660. When you have gone through all the stages of the internal complaints process and still not happy with the given solution, you can refer the matter to the Independent Complaint Reviewer (ICR). The ICR office can be contacted by email at [email protected] or by post at Independent Complaint Reviewer, PO Box 165, Liverpool; L69 3JD

HM Passport Office Home Office

If the complaint is regarding the services received by the HM passport office Home Office, you can contact the team by phone by dialing the Home Office phone 0300 222 0000. In the case of speech or hearing impairment, you can use the Textphone 0300 222 0222 and Text Relay services at 18001 0300 222 0000 or by post at their Southport address (mentioned above), or using the Home Office HM passport office online enquiry form at https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Passport_Enquiries.ofml . If the complaint relates to a certificate which you have ordered from General Register Office (GRO), you can contact the office over the phone at +44 (0)300 123 1837 from Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm and Saturday: 9am to 4pm or by post at the following address

Customer services manager, Room D116, General Register Office, HM Passport Office, Trafalgar Road, Southport PR8 2HH

Alternatively, you can use the Home Office certificate service enquiry form via the link https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Certificate_Service.ofml

Home Office Immigration Complaint

If your issue is against a visa or immigration decision, you can appeal to the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) over the phone at Home Office contact number for indefinite leave to remain 0300 123 1711 from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm or by email at [email protected] . In the case of any urgency, you can send the request to the tribunal for the expedite response by fax at Home Office immigration complaint number 0870 739 5895 – more about this number, or by post at

Expedite Requests the First-Tier Tribunal

Office of the Duty Judge

Expedited Appeal Hearing Requests

First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber), PO Box 6987, Leicester LE1 6ZX

If the complaint is about how you have been treated by the offices when your things or cash were seized, you can contact the border force team (explained above) or the Home Office HM revenue and customs (HMRC) team by telephone at
0300 200 3700 or by textphone: 0300 200 3719 from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. The team can also be contacted by post at the below address

HM Revenue and Customs – CITEX Written Enquiry Team, Local Compliance S0000, Newcastle, NE98 1ZZ United Kingdom

If you still remain dissatisfied with the received response, you can escalate the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. You can contact them at Customer helpline 0345 015 4033 from 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday and check the relevant information at http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/. They can also be contacted by post at Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP or by email at [email protected]

23 thoughts on “Home Office UK Phone Numbers”

  1. Hello, I sent my passports (old and new) with a application almost 6 months ago to Durham.
    Who do I speak to to trace this application? Biometrics?

  2. I have completed the travel document form and submit all the original and sent it but today I have completed the online application for travel document and make the payment now they ask me to send the original document
    Please can you help me what to do now because I have sent off all the documents

  3. Please can you advice on how long does it take after biometric enrollment for the biometric card to be delivered…?

  4. I am not able to get the Web Chat and i am trying to contact from INDIA regarding my VISA Application query.

    I have applied for the PRIORITY VISA and now it is more than 10 days. Still now i have not received any response.

    Thank You

  5. Hi
    Is there anyone who can explain me how can i change my adress as home office send me all latters or email rether then my solicitor as he is not updateing me anything about my case

  6. demand visa marriage express spouse embassy British Rabat morocco notice marriage benyounes marriage embassy British London does visa marriage spouse embassy British morocco day embassy British morocco deposit does visa marriage spouse embassy British Rabat mohamed thank you

  7. I am trying to contact the Home Office concerning my partner who is requesting a biometric card.
    The section on the Home office site concerning BRP gives two numbers to call, one from inside the UK, the other outside. I am calling from the UK and all I get is a recorded message .
    What am I supposed to do?
    reply by e-mail?
    Thank you

  8. Dear

    ı have lost may Brp and passport but after one week ı found them. But in this one week ı already applied to cancel my BRP because of the security. For this reason ı applied for replacement of my BRP and sent all my documents to the Home Office Centre Durham. But nobody replied me about my applicatıon and document. Is it possible that ı visit this Home office and get information abaut it. Thank you very much .

  9. I need a contact mail about my marriege . I have not contact with my wife and want to know if we still married. I am outside UK

  10. Hi,

    I’m applying my Partner Further Leave to Remain (visa extension) and the requirement for English language test is A2 SELT – GESE Grade 3. My main question and concern about the equivalency, Does the exam of OET ( Occupational English Test ) equivalent to A2 SELT – GESE Grade 3

    With Regards

  11. Hi there,
    I have made an application in September and I have got asked by HO in November to put in another application so I changed my application type and sent it again. I have handed all my biometrics in at sopra steria. I have this opportunity to attend an interview abroad but because of no decision or passport or travel documents I cannot leave. I really do not want to miss out on the opportunity as it could affect my life. Is there an email address I could contact to ask for even a emergency travel document of some sort to let me attend an interview and travel back to UK? I do not know how to contact HO to ask for help or not sure if I can get any help

  12. I have applied for my biometric card and need to send off my documents but I don’t have the address that I need to send them to, can anyone help me please?

  13. Dear Sir/Madam
    Can you please give me advise about delayed biometric card?
    My decision letter was issued on the 1st July 2019. But until now, i still haven’t received my BRP card. I have tried all the procedure i’m supposed to, but no feed back. I have contacted the BRP team via online 6 times. But they keep telling me someone will contact me with in 5 working days, and no one did. I have sent them letter via postage but no feedback. I am so worried and i don’t know what to do next. Can you please tell me any other alternative to get my BRP card? Thank you.

  14. A illegal immigrant Freeda who entered the UK on false documents in 2013 after paying people smugglers in Bombay India for the false travel papers
    Was arrested by Surrey police force in July 2016 after passengers reported the illegal immigrant Freeda assaulting a man with glass bottles causing severe head injuries however the illegal immigrant Freeda was able to make bail after giving false details to Surrey police force and returned to the Male victims home in egham Surrey to physically abuse him for a further six months using extreme violence kitchen knives and boiling hot water causing 2nd degree burns to his body and forced him to have a baby with her so she could remain in the UK and claim benefits from Staines DWP.
    The illegal immigrant Freeda who paid $for the false travel papers was diagnosed with severe physiological mental health issues in August 2016 after hospital staff observed the illegal immigrant Freeda rodrigues bidding on Ebay instead of caring for her newborn baby girl at the John Radcliffe hospital in oxford 2016 Dr Michael Yusef.
    Her plan was to use people details on Facebook to gain personal details and receive medical services
    The illegal immigrant Freeda who came from Karnataka state was able to meet people smugglers in Bombay who provided first class travel papers to enter the UK and was living in Wembley middx with other sri lankans and south Indians
    Who also paid the people smugglers in Bombay India
    The scam was first uncovered in 2010 when 5 sri lankans claimed they were from Goa but the reality was the scam was a pnozy scheme pretending to have Portuguese names but were in fact Tamils and south Indians who were briefed on how to get through UK customs in London ukbf.

    1. We read about this case at the BBC in April 2019
      We also note that the Police officers were involved
      With illegally hiding the Evidence from the Court
      The illegal immigrant Freeda rodrigues was also
      Using various people’s details fiona Sharma and
      Karen d’souza at the John Radcliffe hospital
      Dr Yusef did however Confirm this undocumented
      Illegal immigrant Freeda rodrigues Was diagnosed with Severe mental illness in August 2016.

  15. Dear sir /madam ,
    I faced some problems while collecting my brp.
    To collect our brp there was given address of Leicester post office and we went yesterday there but that post office was closed down.
    So now where should we contact and collect our brp.
    Give some information about that.

  16. Hi, I would like to ask for how long am I supposed to wait for the biometric residence card to be issued. because it has been more than 6 months since I applied for it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *