Wonga Customer Service Direct Number:
0207 138 8330
Call This Number and Save it Under “Wonga Number”.
Wonga Loans UK customer service and contact numbers are very easy to remember and, in this article you will see a lot of different numbers for Wonga loans in the UK. I you haven’t found something you need, please tell us so in the comments.
Wonga is a British company that offers the people different types of payday loans including Short Term and Installment loans. Their customers are always satisfied with the service that they get and always recommend it to others with high praises. The customer service team functions systematically and is always ready to assist the customers whenever they require help. You can reach out to them by calling on their phone numbers or by writing an email or by writing a letter and sending it to their postal address.
Wonga Customer Service Address
Enquiries can be made by the customers from the Wonga customer care team by writing a letter and sending it to their registered address:
88 Crawford Street, London, W1H 2EJ
It is suggested that your email address and phone number is mentioned in the letter so that the customer care department can contact you with the solution to your query.
If you prefer to file a complaint in writing, you can write a letter and send it to the Wonga complaints address given below:
To the Complaints Manager, Wonga.com, Sheffield, S95 1AR
- Wonga Official Website Page
- Wonga Online Login Page
- Wonga Official Facebook page
- Wonga Official Twitter Page
- Wonga Official You tube Page
- Wonga Official LinkedIn Page
Wonga Payday Loans Customer Service and Helpline Telephone Numbers
- Customers required to reach the Wonga payday loans UK department can give a call to the Wonga loans contact number 0207 138 8330 from 7 AM to 10 PM, any day of the week. On this helpline number you can discuss with the Wonga customer care team about the details of the loan services offered by the company. You can discuss about the amount of money that can be borrowed, the cost of Wonga loans, possible ways of you applying for the loans, and also the process of how to apply for the loans. Alternatively you can also visit this link to learn how to apply for the loans provided by Wonga https://www.wonga.com/help/how-do-i-make-application . You can also apply for Wonga short term loan by calling on the Wonga customer helpline 0207 138 8330 or by visiting the provided link https://www.wonga.com/how-it-works . The process of applying for installment loans and also the way in which it works is given here https://www.wonga.com/how-it-works .
- Wonga also carry out a credit check as part of their automated decision making process, they share the information with credit reference agencies. The list of agencies they are tied with is given here https://www.wonga.com/help/do-wonga-carry-out-credit-checks .
- If you need to update your account with Wonga, you can easily do it by logging into the My Account section. Here you can edit your address, mobile number, email address and password. Apart from this you can also add a new card, change bank account details and cancel your continuous payment authority. To get further help from the Wonga customer service team, you can call on the Wonga customer service phone number 0207 138 8330 from 7 AM to 10 PM, 7 days of the week and discuss your options of managing your bank account.
- If you need assistance in managing your loan, you can call on the Wonga loan helpline 0207 138 8330 and discuss your options with an executive. The Wonga contact number opening hours are from 7 AM to 10 PM and the number is open all days of the week. On the Wonga customer services telephone number you can get information about the status of your loan, the time you will receive your refund, steps you need to follow in case you missed your repayment, alternative payment methods and also make changes in the loan agreement. Additionally, if you require more information you can visit the answers provided by the experts at this link https://www.wonga.com/help/managing-your-loan .
- If you were affected by the system errors that occurred and you were not already contacted by the Wonga accounts department, then you can discuss your issue by calling on the Wonga customer service line 0207 138 8330 any day of the week between 7 AM and 10 PM.
- For customers wanting to make general queries they can call on Wonga contact number 0207 138 8330 from 7 AM to 10 PM, 7 days a week or mention your query in an email and send it to the Wonga customer service email [email protected]. The Wonga customer service team will reach out to you as soon as they come up with a solution to your problem.
Wonga Debt Advice Numbers
If you want absolutely free debt advice from experts, the Wonga contact details according to the advice you need are provided down below:
Customer who want advice on debt management and those who want experts to negotiate with the creditors on their behalf can reach the Step Change Debt Charity organization on 0800 138 1111. This contact number is open from 8 AM to 8 PM between Monday and Friday and from 8 AM to 4 PM on Saturdays. For further details you can visit their website http://www.stepchange.org/ . This service is available throughout the United Kingdom.
Customers who want advice on how to deal with debt problems, budgeting advice can receive it by calling on the National Debt line 0808 808 4000 from 9 AM to 9 PM between Monday and Friday and from 9:30 AM to 1 PM on Saturdays. Additionally you can get more advice and solutions from experts on their website http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/ . This service is available for customers across England, Scotland and Wales.
When you are in serious financial difficulties, you can seek face to face advice from experts by going to the Citizens Advice Bureau. You can find the nearest branch at this link http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/.
You can also order for a credit report and get advice on how to improve your credit rating by visiting any of these websites:
Wonga Press Office Telephone Numbers
Journalists wanting to make enquiries from the company can reach out to the customer care department by mentioning their query in an email and sending it to the Wonga customer service email [email protected]. The Wonga contact customer service team requests their customers to please mention their contact details in the email so that the team can let you know of the appropriate solution. Please note that this email address is only for media enquiries and no replies would be made for the non-media enquiries.
Wonga Fraud Department Numbers
In case you think that you have been part of an online fraud, you should immediately call on the Wonga fraud team contact number 0207 138 8330 and let the Wonga fraud team know of the issue. In case your card has been lost or stolen, it is advised that you immediately contact your bank and ask them to cancel it. Wonga fraud department is always at your service to save your from serious frauds.
Wonga Customer Complaints Service Numbers
Wonga aims at delivering high quality services to their customers but if you are unhappy with any kind of service provided by the company, you can mention it to the Wonga complaints department in a number of ways. You have the option to write and email, or sent a letter through post or make complaint through call.
Customers can make a complaint by calling on the Wonga complaints phone number 0207 138 8330 from 7 AM to 10 PM, 7 days a week.
You can write an email and send it to the Wonga complaint email address [email protected].
The Wonga customer service complaints department suggests that your contact details should be included in letter or email so that you can be informed of the outcome or any further action taken regarding your complaint. Generally a complaint is resolved within 5 days but if it is a complicated issue it may take longer and the complaints department will let you know of it. The complaint is to be solved maximum within 8 weeks.
Wonga Payday Loans UK Customer Service Free Phone Number
If you have not received any communication from Wonga, you can call on the Wonga customer service free phone number 0800 840 0836 between 8 AM and 6 PM from Monday to Saturday.
Alternatively, you can also reach out to the Finance and Leasing Association on 020 7836 6511 or by writing an email and sending it to [email protected]. Finance Leasing Association will give a decision appropriate to the circumstances.
If you are still not satisfied, you can also take your complaint further to the Financial Ombudsman Service. It is an independent organization dealing in such kind of cases. You can call them on 0800 023 4567 from 8 AM to 8 PM between Monday and Friday and from 9 AM to 1 PM on Saturdays. Additionally, you can send an email to [email protected]. For further details visit their website http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/. You can also write a letter and send it to the following address:
Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR